Which files should I upload to OpenVT?
For VIRTUAL members, the OpenVT platform is available both as a collaboration and a dissemination tool. Content types which may be uploaded (on different visibility levels) are the following:
- LS-DYNA FE models, such as Human Body models (HBMs), seat models): Internal as development versions and (after internal evaluation) Public as released versions.
- Other tools developed within VIRTUAL, e.g. Cost-Benefit-tool, pre- and postprocessing, data analysis codes etc. Visibility level: by default Internal, Public if part of the VIRTUAL dissemination plan (after internal evaluation).
- Experimental data: Private or Internal while still subject to on-going VIRTUAL research activities, Public when ready for dissemination (after internal evaluation). Please, follow guidelines for large files below!
- Results from numerical tests and model runs: Internal or Private. Please, follow the guidelines below!
- Test protocols: Internal during development, Public if ready for dissemination (after evaluation).
- Documentation of any of the above contents: Same visibility level as the main content (Public only after internal evaluation). Please, follow the documentation guidelines.
Other contents can be temporarily shared in a Private project, given that they do not exceed 0.5 GB in size. Please note that for contents that cannot be directly read by the version control mechanisms of Git (e.g., word documents), the VIRTUAL internal web site is the better place to share them.
If you have doubts about a whether or not OpenVT is the right place for your content to share, contact the OpenVT admins via either the issue tracking board on this repository, or write to email@example.com
Guidelines for simulation results
Results of Finite Element simulations are a vital part of the working content of the OpenVT platform. However, these files tend to be quite big. So, if you would like to share your simulation results, please consider the following points, plus the large file guidelines (below):
- Think twice: is really all the upload volume necessary for your colleagues to make sense of the content? If there are parts which do not add anything new, remove these.
- If the input files are already on the platform, don't re-upload them, use use submodules instead to link to them.
- If possible, use a compression tool such as plotcprs (more informatino to come).
Guidelines for upload of large contents
Some of the contents specified above can quickly grow large. Generally, there is no size limit for the default content times: However, in order not to overload the resources of the OpenVT platform, please, follow the following rules:
- Check whether you really only upload the necessary files.
- Is there any older content that can be deleted as a consequence of your upload? If yes, please, do so.
- If you are about to upload a content exceeding 5GB in size, please, give the platform admins a warning 24h in advance.